I am truly sorry that this email is latter than I planned, but things got a little hectic of which is a great thing. We are up to 17,980 members. An increase of 309 since my last email to you.
This past week someone called me and told me that they were looking for a new job after the company closed his office. We discussed some ideas. One of the things that is not on a lot of peoples side is age. People in their 50;’s need to work as well and can bring on a wealth of knowledge and experience.
I made a few suggestions:
1. Set up an online resume such as at http://www.weebly.com
2. Participate in the industry related groups, and let people know that you are looking.
3. Be open to some changes. How far are you willing to travel? Driving 2 hours in either direction is not that great. Gas is up to about $4.00 per gallon in some places.
4. Do not take an offer that is $20,000 less than what you are making and a further distance. You will wind up not in a good place.
5. If you are earning $60,000 do not take $40,000 with the promise of commissions. Many times it does not work.
One of the biggest suggestions I can make is use LinkedIn and take advantage of it. Participate in the groups and let people know where your resume is. Feel free to post a link to your resume. This way the recruiters will see it and check it out. Don’t forget about our sub groups too.
There is a new article posted on the SkiptraceConsultants Blog
Have you seen the new forum for Credit and Collections? They are at http://creditandcollections.proboards.com/index.cgi and it is growing in leaps and bounds.
My contract may be expiring next month , so it would be nice to have a place to go. I came into CCI to help bring in some of the debtbuyers for collection and I have succeeded. I do not know if they will be keeping me on board or not. My resume is still posted at
Are you looking for a new job or career change in 2012? Let people know and post your resume in The Credit & Collection Resume Place.
Will you be outsourcing your skips or POE searches?
Please visit: http://thepoelocator.weebly.com/
Are you looking for a 3rd party agency to place business with? We can help you do that.
Check out http://thedebtcollectionconnection.weebly.com
Would you like to join our mailing list?
We are in the process of building that at this moment and would welcome everyone on board.
Please visit http://linkedincreditandcollections.weebly.com/
Please link in with us as well. The more contacts we have the stronger we become.
Don’t forget to check out our Facebook page
Would you like to follow us on Twitter? Skipconsult.
Please subscribe to our blog and feel free to participate.
Thank you and of course if we can help you please call 954-722-0473