Many people have come to me over the last 3.5 years and they have asked me what it is like working from home. It is an interesting discussion. One must be extremely disciplined to do it.
The things that you need are :
1) A private room in your house that has a locking door on it.
2) Quiet and when you are at work you are at work.
3) Computers, phone system, etc.
4) Do not think that you can work in your pajamas. It does not work especially if you are
doing any type of video conferencing. Skype is a favorite of many.
5) Do not allow your spouse to dictate the work at home rules. You are home to work , not
run errands, take the in laws for their colonoscopy, or your parents for that matter.
6) You are not there to run errands or pick up the kids or make dinner.
7) You are there for one reason to work and make money.
Working from home can cause divorce and other stress.